The shoulder is an important part of the body, providing a wide range of motion for both arms. Your shoulder consists of muscles, tendons, and ligaments within a ball-and-socket joint that allows plenty of movement. Like any other body part, the shoulders are susceptible to injury, disease, and other physical ailments. Our chiropractor at Boca Health & Wellness Center provides comprehensive treatment for shoulder pain and can provide you with the relief you need.
Causes of Shoulder Pain
If you are experiencing shoulder pain, there could be a number of causes behind that pain, including these common problems:
- Tendinitis, or tendinopathy - the inflammation of a tendon. Tendinitis can lead to shoulder stiffness, pain, and aching.
- Dislocated shoulder - an injury in which the humerus falls out of the shoulder blade socket. A dislocated leads to significant pain, numbness, and instability.
- Frozen shoulder - medically known as adhesive capsulitis, this disorder results from the shoulder capsule becoming inflamed. This can cause chronic pain, movement restriction, cramping, and disablement. Frozen shoulder is often associated with other conditions like diabetes, lung disease, stroke, thyroid disease, heart disease, or a connective tissue disease.
- Shoulder Bursitis - The bursae are small sacs of synovial fluid located throughout the body. Inflammation of the bursae can result in localized warmth, stiffness, and joint pain.
- Rotator cuff tear - a common shoulder injury that often results from overuse of the muscles or tendons. A rotator cuff injury can start off asymptomatically, with pain worsening over time.
- Shoulder sprain or strain
- Shoulder arthritis - the glenohumeral joints become inflamed.
Treatment For Shoulder Pain
A chiropractor will typically design a treatment plan for shoulder pain based on the patient's specific needs or desires. Treatment options include:
- Chiropractic Care – We’ll use adjustments to treat the cause of pain at its source.
- Physical Therapy – Our chiropractor can provide a physical therapy program to patients that include a series of corrective exercises.
- Massage Therapy – We provide different types of massages to provide pain relief and relaxation.
Contact our Chiropractor in Boca Raton for Shoulder Pain Relief
Are you experiencing shoulder pain? The Boca Health and Wellness Center may be able to help you. We are a chiropractic care clinic in Boca Raton, FL area. Call today at (561) 447-2228 to start a comprehensive treatment plan for your shoulder pain.